1. What scholarships are available?
Greater Houston Frontiers Club, Inc. (GHFC) offers two different scholarships each year. We award a one-time $500 scholarship to students who will attend a two-year Junior/Technical College. We award a one-time $1,000 scholarship to students who enter four-year College or University.
2. Who is eligible to apply?
Only graduating high school seniors who are graduating from a high school that is located in Harris County are eligible to apply. Click here for a complete list of eligible zip codes.
3. What if I live in Harris County but go to school in another county? No. You can not apply or receive the GHFC scholarship. Click here for a complete list of zip codes available to you.
4. Are there any citizenship requirements to apply to the GHFC Scholarship program? No. There are no citizenship requirements to apply. You do not have to be a U.S. Citizen to apply to the GHFC Scholarship program.
5. When can I apply?
The online applications are now available for 2018. We accept application from January 15, 2018 to before midnight March 16, 2018.
6. Are the application deadlines strict deadlines?
Yes. All scholarship applications must be submitted by the indicated postmark or application deadline.
7. How can I apply?
Download the application here and return with all required documents to Greater Houston Frontiers Club, ATTN: Scholarship Selection Committee, 15814 Champion Forest Drive #116, Spring, Texas 77379 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Will you accept documents faxed or dropped-off to the address?
No. We will not accept any documents faxed or any documents dropped-off to our address. We need all documents to be post marked by the United States Post Office or email timestamped (date and current time of an email that is recorded by a computer).
9. Will you accept a scanned application that is emailed?
Yes. All application must be post marked by the United States Post Office or email timestamp by 11:59pm, March 16, 2018 when emailed to the following email address only: email@example.com.
To fill in the form using Mobile phone, please download "Acrobat" app on your device and use Acrobat to open the form.
10. Can I apply for more than one scholarship?
No. We offer two different type of scholarships: one for Junior College/Technical Schools and the other for four-year Colleges and University.
11. Do I have to be an active member of Junior Frontiers to apply for a scholarship?
No. GHFC scholarships are available to all students living and attending school in Harris County.
12. Do I have to be in a specific major field of study/faculty to apply for a GHFC scholarship?
No. GHFC scholarships are available to students pursuing any major field of study/faculty.
13. When is the online application removed?
All applications must be postmarked or time-stamped by the deadline date. We will remove the 2018 application 11:59pm CST on March 16, 2018.
14. How and when will I receive notification if I have been selected?
Once winners are selected and eligibility requirements are confirmed, students will be notified via telephone call, and/or via email by a GHFC Scholarship Committee member. This phone call and/or email notification will be sent out within 45 days after the scholarship deadline date.
15. Where and when should I send my supporting documents? You can Mail to: Greater Houston Frontiers Club, Inc.
ATTN: Scholarship Committee, 15814 Champion Forest Dr. #116, Spring, Texas 77379 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. required documents. If you do not follow the instructions exactly, your application may not be considered. Your submission must be complete by the stated deadline.
16. How will I find out the results of my scholarship interview?
- Once winners are determine and eligibility requirements are confirmed, the GHFC Scholarship Committee will notify winners via personal phone call and/or email confirmation.
- All non-winning applicants for the award will be notified via email.
- These notifications will go out within 45 days after the scholarship deadline.
- Past experience indicates that emails are sometimes not received or successfully delivered. Be certain to provide us with your most current email address and add email@example.com into your address book.
17. Can I receive feedback on my application if I do not win?
No. An impartial selection committee comprised of experienced educators and professionals selects the GHFC scholarship winners. Decisions of the selection committee are final and are not subject to appeal.
18. Will any of my documents be returned?
No. Upon receipt, the application becomes the property of the GHFC Scholarship Committee, and of Greater Houston Frontiers, Inc., the administrator of the scholarship program, and items submitted will not be returned. Be sure to make copies of any documents that you mail with your application to keep in your files.
19. Are scholarships taxable?
Tax laws vary by country. For example, in the United States, scholarship funds used exclusively for the payment of tuition or textbooks are normally not taxable. The scholarship recipient is responsible for taxes, if any, that may be assessed against your scholarship award. We recommend consulting your tax advisor for more guidance.
20. Program Administration
To assure complete impartiality in selection of winners and to maintain a high level of professionalism, the GHFC Scholarship Committee specializes in managing our scholarships and administers the GHFC Scholarship program. Send your application, essay, and transcripts to:
Greater Houston Frontiers Club, Inc.
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
15814 Champion Forest Dr. #116
Spring, Texas 77379
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
21. Got More Questions?
For additional information regarding the scholarship program, please contact GHFC Scholarship Committee by email at email@example.com or call Zakia Simmons, 832-848-7304 or 713-970-7394. When emailing please include your name, contact information and specific details. We will work to respond to all phone calls and emails within 24 hours after receiving them.